Chorister admissions at 8+ (Year 4)
An invitation from the new Master of Music at Westminster Cathedral, Simon Johnson
Westminster Cathedral Choir sings the best music of the last millennium. We’re looking for boys to join our great musical tradition.
If you a know a Year 2 or 3 boy (age 7 or 8) who loves to sing his heart out, enjoys a challenge and wants to be part of a friendly, happy team, we’d love to hear from him.
Becoming a chorister at WCCS is a golden ticket to a world-class musical and academic education at a fraction of its true cost.
To download a simple summary of chorister opportunities at WCCS, click here.
Boys normally join in Year 4, aged 8 years, and are known as ‘probs’, or probationers, for their first year.
Admission follows simple voice trials with the Master of Music at Westminster Cathedral and age-appropriate academic and pastoral assessments.
Answer all your questions on chorister life at WCCS here.
- For a detailed overview of the 8+ assessment arrangements, click here
- For specimen 8+ maths papers, click here and here
- For specimen 8+ comprehension & composition papers, click here and here
- For specimen 8+ punctuation papers, click here and here
- For specimen 8+ spelling papers, click here and here
If your son is a lively, cheerful, musical boy, interested in exploring life as a chorister at Westminster Cathedral, please contact Lucy Auger.
Tel 020 7798 9081
Register online for a chorister place here. There is no registration fee.